Here is the authentic homemade guacamole recipe, which is made with just a few simple ingredients.
A guacamole is just mashed creamy avocados, fresh tomatoes, onions, peppers, salt, cilantro and a little lime juice.
the name guacamole, pronounced “gaucamolé”, comes from the Spanish name for avocado “aguacate”. It’s a Mexican-style mashed avocado, and who says Mexican recipe, says spicy recipe, well seasoned, huuuuuuuuum…
There are different recipes and different ways to prepare guacamole, you can also prepare the simplest version which consists of mashing the avocado and adding salt, lemon juice and a little crushed pepper.
Personally, I really like the avocado which is always present in our salad. This food is rich in lipids and unsaturated fatty acids which are beneficial for cardiovascular health. And when an avocado is far too ripe to be presented in a salad, it ends up in guacamole, and for people who have never tried this recipe, I won’t tell you about the delight.
The best homemade guacamole
The guacamole recipe is easy to make and packed with flavor. A delicious, creamy avocado dip is tangy enough that you’ll savor with every bite.
I don’t recommend the commercial recipe because it doesn’t look like anything, or eat guacamole in a renowned restaurant, otherwise do it yourself, because it’s child’s play.
Exact quantities are in the printable recipe card below.
– Lawyers : Ripe avocados are essential. To be sure, examine the tail, remove the small tail that is at the thin end. If the flesh underneath is green, the fruit is good. If it is brown, the avocado is too ripe and it is better to avoid buying it!
– Onions : I love red onions in the guacamole recipe. If you like mild-tasting onions, I suggest rinsing red onions under cold running water first, or using white, yellow, or brown onions.
– Pepper: the real recipe is with jalapeno pepper, but I didn’t put any, because my children like this dip and can’t stand it too spicy,
Instead I put Tabasco, just in our part my husband and I.
– Coriander : If you don’t like cilantro, skip it or add chopped parsley. But it gives a unique taste.
– Lemon juice: If you have lime (lime), it tastes much better in this recipe! But of course lemon juice can also be used.
– Salt : I use coarse salt or sea salt.
– Diced tomatoes: Tomatoes are optional and not something I usually add to my recipe. If you decide to add tomatoes, choose meaty tomatoes. Remove the seeds to prevent the guacamole from becoming liquid.
How to prepare guacamole?
– Cut the avocados in half, and remove the pits.
– Remove the flesh with a spoon and place it in a large bowl.
– Mash the avocados with a fork.
– Cut the tomato into cubes, without removing the juice, and add it to the avocados.
– Add the tabasco, according to your taste, otherwise if you don’t have any, add the well-chopped pepper.
– Chop the coriander and the onion, and add them to the mixture.
– Season with lemon juice and salt.
– Taste with doritos, nachos, or just with a good piece of bread… a delight!
Otherwise you can present the avocado as a starter as in these recipes:
Sweet potato waffles with guacamole and poached egg
Sweet potato and guacamole bites
Tips for a gourmet guacamole:
– For a really tasty guacamole, use ripe avocados and remove any brown spots from the avocado before mashing.
– Take the avocados out of the fridge a little earlier, because avocados at room temperature are easier to crush.
– Cut the onions and peppers into cubes, so that it is easier to homogenize with the avocado for more flavor.
– I tell you frankly lime juice is much tastier than lemon juice.
– Mash the avocados with a fork and leave a few large chunks to give the dip texture.
– If the onions have a strong taste, place them in a colander, sprinkle with salt and mix. Wait about 2-4 minutes and rinse under cold running water.
– Authentic Mexican guacamole does not contain tomatoes, but you can add some if you wish. Seed the tomatoes to prevent the guacamol from being too runny.
And for those who love avocado recipes:
Here is the authentic homemade guacamole recipe, which is made with just a few simple ingredients. A guacamole is just mashed creamy avocados, fresh tomatoes, onions, peppers, salt, cilantro and a little lime juice.
Cut the avocados in half, and remove the pits.
scoop out the flesh with a spoon and place in a large bowl.
Mash the avocados with a fork.
Cut the tomato into cubes, without removing the juice, and add it to the avocados.
add the tabasco, according to your taste, otherwise if you don’t have, add the well chopped pepper.
chop the coriander and the onion, and add them to the mixture.
season with lemon juice and salt.
taste with doritos, crisps, or just with a good piece of bread… a delight
You have tried one of my recipes, send me the photos on my email:
If you want to receive the recipes of my quick and easy cooking blog, subscribe to my newsletter: