chicken tikka masala recipe
Here is a recipe that I love to an unimaginable point, and I would not have thought that one day I would make the recipe for Chicken Tikka Massala at home in my little kitchen.
Every time we go out as a family to a restaurant and choose to eat Indian food, I ask for the chicken tikka massala… But how good is this dish.
Last time I was visiting my blogger friends, when I saw the recipe at Patricia from the blog small dishes with friends .
Honestly, I couldn’t resist, especially since this cold that prevents us from going out at night, we didn’t go to the Indian restaurant, and I really miss the delicious chicken tikka masala, yum yum.
Right away, I asked my husband to buy me the ingredients I needed and I started concocting this dish that was so tasty and so good.
I don’t regret it at all because we had a great time, and this version is super good.
You can see another version of this recipe: chicken tika masala skewers,
What spices to put in the Tikka Masala?
In the dish of Chicken Tikka Masala we have a combination of spices.
Together they create a wonderful aroma and make the dish very tasty. If you don’t have any, use at least these spices:
– Indian saffron
– Sweet chilli powder
– Garam masala
– Garlic powder
If you prefer your curries spicier, use the hotter chilli powder instead.
You can mix these ingredients in sufficient quantities to prepare the chicken tikka masala dish 3 or 4 times.
How to marinate chicken with masala spices?
Once you have prepared all your Tikka Masala spices, proceed to the marinade of the cleaned and cut into pieces chicken.
The longer the chicken stays in the marinade, the better its flavor will be.
Using yogurt will allow the spices to adhere better to the chicken.
You can marinate chicken for as little as an hour in the fridge, but 24 hours means you’ll get a lot more flavor.
Be sure to cover the dish you’re marinating the chicken tikka masala in, as it has a strong flavor and will leave odors in your refrigerator.
How to prepare chicken tika masala?
And here is how we will prepare this Indian dish:
– In a salad bowl, mix 100 ml of Greek yoghurt with half of the spices, the tomato puree and 1 teaspoon of sugar.
– Add the chicken pieces and try to coat the pieces very well with this preparation and leave to marinate.
– In a casserole over medium heat, brown the peeled and finely diced onion with a drizzle of olive oil and the remaining sugar for 10 minutes.
– Add the minced garlic clove, the chicken and the marinade.
– Maintain over medium heat for 20 minutes, turning the chicken pieces regularly.
– Incorporate the almonds, the crushed tomatoes, the rest of the spices, salt and a small glass of water if necessary.
– Cover and simmer for another 20 minutes.
– Add the second yogurt to bind the sauce, a good tablespoon of chopped coriander and adjust the seasoning with salt if necessary.
– Leave on low heat for 5 to 10 minutes uncovered.
– Serve the tikka masala dish with perfectly cooked white rice.
If you love Indian food why not try:
– chicken curry,
– tandoori chicken,
– Vegetarian Cauliflower Biryani
– chicken with coconut milk and curry
– dhal coral lentils with spinach
Indian recipes that I really appreciate. For this time I accompanied my chicken tikka massala with good rice, but otherwise you can enjoy it with good coriander naans, naan cheese or pita bread.
Chicken Tikka Massala
- 1 chicken cut into pieces
- 200 ml Greek yogurt
- 1 vs a tablespoon of tomato puree
- 2 or 3 fresh tomatoes or a can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 vs tablespoon slivered almonds
- olive oil
- fresh coriander
- 1 vs a tablespoon of green curry
- 1 vs a tablespoon of cumin powder
- 2 vs a teaspoon of powdered sugar
In a salad bowl, mix 100 ml of Greek yoghurt with half of the spices, the tomato purée and 1 tsp of sugar.
Coat the chicken pieces with this preparation and leave to macerate
In a casserole over medium heat, brown the peeled and finely diced onion with a drizzle of olive oil and the remaining sugar for 10 minutes.
Add the minced garlic clove, the chicken and the marinade.
Keep on medium heat for 20 minutes, turning the chicken pieces regularly.
Add the almonds, the crushed tomatoes, the rest of the spices, salt and a small glass of water if necessary. Cover and simmer again for 20 minutes.
At the end of this time, add the second yogurt to bind the sauce, a good tbsp of coriander and adjust the seasoning with salt if necessary.
Leave on low heat for 5 to 10 minutes uncovered.
Serve the chicken Tikka massala as soon as it is cooked, accompanied by saffron rice pilaf, for example.
If you want to receive the recipes of my quick and easy cooking blogsubscribe to my newsletter: